Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a highly communicative and organized DevOps Engineer to drive and manage our cloud infrastructure. Support a talented group of developers, use cutting-edge technology, and ensure that customers are up and working out around the clock.
What You Will Do
- Enhance services running in Kubernetes to horizontally scale and self-heal in the face of network disruptions
- Collaborate with engineering teams to provide self-service frameworks that ensure the platform stability, security, reduce risk, and control cost
- Work throughout the full infrastructure including design, architecture, capacity planning, monitoring, alerting, security, scaling, failover, and recovery
- Ensure site uptime and performance SLAs are met
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team on new feature rollouts
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Be on periodic on-call duty to support the infrastructure and application
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience supporting production cloud infrastructure (must include AWS) and software development toolsets and processes
- 5+ years of experience monitoring production web applications, responding to issues and improving performance and reliability (Prometheus, ElasticSearch)
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code (Terraform)
- 3+ years of experience with modern Software Development practices, including automated build, tests, and deployment (Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience supporting production Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of web service fundamentals, such as HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, TCP/UDP, performance monitoring, caching, load balancing, and logging
- Demonstrates excellent team and cross-functional collaboration, exhibiting professionalism and empathy for other functional groups within the business
- Problem solver, self-starter, and critical thinker who can keep an open mind and stay relevant by continually educating themselves
- Professional experience with contributing to applications written in Go
- Experience deploying machine learning models, or infrastructure for ML Training
- Experience with CI/CD Systems (Argo Workflow, ArgoCD and Tekton)
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with API Gateways (Ambassador, Kong and Traefik)
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, [email protected]. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.