The Action Network is an exciting sports media start-up that builds products and creates content to inform and entertain the sports bettor. The sports betting and fantasy sports space is massive ($170bn in the US), growing and underserved from a product and content perspective, and we have the talent, domain expertise and passion to win the space.
We are seeking a React Native Developer who operates with integrity, is highly motivated, creative, and excited about joining a fast-paced start-up. The successful candidate will help shape the architecture and the future of our mobile products across iOS and Android.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and able to develop a strategic vision while simultaneously driving tactical execution.
- Drive engineering solutions to have consistent practices and re-usable code across both iOS and Android apps
- Architect, design, build and operate scalable software systems and services for iOS or Android smartphones.
- Create application and system designs that satisfy business and non-functional requirements. Strategy to detailed data infrastructure and analytics requirements.
- Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration.
- Drive adherence to mobile optimized standards, APIs and governance across Action Network Apps
- Hands-on code contribution and delivery - libraries, API's, documentation.
- Work with business and product teams to evaluate 3rd party vendors and SDKs to integrate with Android and iOS Apps.
- Coordinate and work closely with other product and design teams to execute solutions.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment and ability to set and meet aggressive goals.
- Passionate sports fan with strong understanding of sports betting and/or fantasy sports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Overall 3+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Agile development methods.
- 1+ years of experience in React Native.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and mobile OS security fundamentals.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs and micro services.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Solid secure coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews.
- Knowledge of network protocols and internet/web services: JSON, XML, WebSockets
- Preferred experience dealing with cross-functional teams across several time zones, as you’ll work across the board - with PMs, UX/UI designers, and mobile engineers to coordinate successful project completions
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
- Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure environment.
Benefits: The company offers a competitive health insurance package with great benefits, including unlimited vacation and a competitive 401k Plan. The benefits plan presently includes Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Supplemental life insurance and Long / Short-term disability coverage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the community.