The Action Network is an exciting sports media company that builds products and creates content to inform and entertain the sports bettor. The sports betting and fantasy sports space is massive ($170bn in the US), growing and underserved from a product and content perspective, and we have the talent, domain expertise and passion to win the space.
We are seeking a Backend Engineer who operates with integrity, is highly motivated, creative, and excited about joining a fast-paced startup environment. The candidate will work as part of a team responsible for enhancing and supporting our existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business. They will work collaboratively with the team to decompose requirements into actionable tasks and ensure timely features delivery.
A few examples of cloud technologies we work with daily include Kubernetes, Postgres, AWS, ElasticSearch, Grafana, CloudWatch, EC2, Lambda, Route 53, Docker, Linux, Windows, Elasticache (Redis), S3, EKS, ECR, ELB, SES and SNS.
A few examples of development technologies we work with daily include Node, Postgres, Linux, C# .NET, and Windows.
- Deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, and tested consistently and quickly
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Observe system performance in your domain and identify emerging problems
- Quickly assess and resolve production incidents that arise in the components your team is responsible for
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to learn quickly, communicate and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code
- 2+ years of Node.js API Experience
- Proficient SQL skills
- Familiar with Unit Testing practices
- Practical knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
- Experience with AWS Services (Lambda, S3, etc)
- Experience with C#, React, Python, MSSQL, Postgres
Benefits: The company offers a competitive health insurance package with great benefits, including unlimited vacation and a competitive 401k Plan. The benefits plan presently includes Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Supplemental life insurance and Long / Short-term disability coverage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the community.