At Atlas Health, we are on a mission to connect patients with the best philanthropic medical financial aid programs available. We save and improve lives by empowering hospitals and health systems to match, enroll, and collect from over 20,000 patient assistance and health equity programs through Atlas Navigator, our end-to-end AI-powered patient advocacy solution. Patients access and afford the care they need, and health systems secure reimbursement for care delivered.
Our people make a difference in patients’ lives every day. We are a dedicated, collaborative team that values radical transparency, accountability, continuous learning, thoughtful execution, and enjoying the journey. If you want to make an impact on the future of healthcare today, join us!
Atlas Health is seeking a Data Integration Engineer to join our company. In this role, you will contribute to our post-sales data integration between the hospital system and Atlas. We have been given a challenge to close 125 new deals for this year and implement half of the deals this year.
We are looking for a person with high integrity, strong work ethics, intelligent, and a team player to join our fast moving team.
Initially, you will be tasked with the responsibility and authority to start engaging the hospital IT team and work with them to enable the flow of data from the hospital systems into Atlas. You will be supported by our senior team members to ensure your success.
You shall advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and how to complete tasks correctly.
You will be required to take extra caution in handling data to protect the privacy of our patient health information. All work must meet HIPAA standards for confidentiality and compliance.
You are expected to conduct yourself at the most professional level and to be a team player. We value open communication to be very important and expect you to communicate well with both internal and external team members.
You shall champion the creation of Domain Driven Design and testing to continuously improve our system.
Data Integration Engineer Responsibilities:
- Complete data integration projects within 20 days from the kick-off.
- Continuously help improve our code base, processes and culture.
- Analyze incoming data making sure it is compliant with our specification.
- Communicate and work through issues with the team.
- Assist in building out our data warehouse platform.
- Guard and protect the data.
- One week of support rotating between team members.
- Mentor junior members.
- Other duties shall be assigned.
Data Integration Engineer Requirements:
- Education Requirements: BS in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Professional Experience Requirements: 7+ years of software development experience. Healthcare & security experience preferred.
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Expert-level knowledge of Python or broad coding experience with many languages
- Expert-level knowledge of database models and storage; relational and non-relational
- Experience with Data warehousing and BI reporting
- Experience with Linux/Unix tools, Python, Docker, Git
- Experience with cloud platform
- Mature and responsibility to be trusted with the data and work autonomy.
- Have built large scale data applications. Mindset of getting things done over perfection with delays.
- Staying focused on tasks at hand ensuring these are completed in orderly fashion.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan for our U.S. based employees which includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid Holidays
Why Join Our Team:
Because you’re motivated by a combination of success, working alongside amazing team players, continuous learning, and have a passion for helping clients and patients. Atlas helps people access essential medical treatment, and avoid financial ruin from medical debt. You want to be part of the journey and play a key role in the organization’s success.
Atlas values diversity of all kinds, and we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.