Hi, we’re CompanyCam.
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
We’re looking for a sharp, self-motivated, problem-solving Senior Mobile Developer to join our engineering team.
As a Senior Mobile Developer, you’ll work alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers to tackle everything from huge company initiatives to modest but important bug fixes, from start to finish. You’ll also collaborate with your product team on discovery, helping to assess the direction and feasibility of product changes.
Most importantly, you’ll actively contribute to the evolution of the culture and processes of a growing engineering team, especially our client engineering discipline (this is what we call the devs who work in React and React Native). We want want senior devs with opinions on patterns, code organization, and processes to help make sure our codebases scale healthily, and an interest in mentoring to help make sure our devs do too.
What We Ask Of You
These are our non-negotiables:
- Show up: give us your best and have the courage to do difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up: take responsibility, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good: treat your co-workers and customers the way you want to be treated.
- Strong experience with and knowledge of React Native or native iOS or Android experience paired with some React experience.
- 5 or more years of experience working as a professional mobile developer. (Not all years of experience are created equal, so this one isn't set in stone, but for the sake of transparency, we've yet to come across someone with less than 5 years of experience that we would consider a senior developer.).
- Reside permanently and currently somewhere in the U.S or Canada. Alas, we're not set up to hire outside of the U.S and Canada.
Day to day, you’ll spend 90%+ of your time working in React Native, but, of course, that’s not all you’ll work with. While experience with the following technologies are not required (we’re cool with some on-the-job learning), you will see them with varying levels of frequency:
- React (often)
- GraphQL & REST (often)
- Apollo & Redux (often)
- Android Studio & Xcode (mainly to run the mobile app)
- Java & Objective-C (approaching rarely, but we do have some native modules)
- Ruby on Rails (just a touch)