Hi, we’re CompanyCam.
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
We’re looking for a sharp, self-motivated, problem-solving Engineering Manager to come on board and lead software engineers.
You'll join a group of 4-8 software engineers, a product manager, and a designer to tackle everything from huge company initiatives to modest but important bug fixes, from start to finish, in an area of the product. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing the software engineers in your group, including coaching and career development.
- Ensuring the successful execution of your group's projects.
- Working alongside your group's product manager to make sure projects build value, drive real results for our customers, and ship on time.
- Helping our Engineering Department hire and retain amazing engineers.
- Optimizing our developer experience.
- Actively contributing to the evolution of the culture and processes for a growing engineering team.
These are our non-negotiables:
- Show up: give us your best and have the courage to do difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up: take responsibility, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good: treat your co-workers and our customers the way you want to be treated. No egos.
- Senior-level experience with and knowledge of React, React Native OR Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working as a professional senior software engineer.
- Experience managing people, preferably in a team context.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring software engineers.
- Reside permanently and currently somewhere in the U.S. or Canada. Alas, we're not set up to hire outside of the U.S. and Canada.
These are not requirements, but you'd get bonus points:
- Experience with or knowledge of Shape Up (we don't run this process in its pure form, but it is the basis of our process).
- Experience helping Engineering departments scale.