At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
As part of our Content Moderation team, we are looking for a self-motivated senior engineer with a passion for our business, for technology innovation, and for making the online world a safer place for everyone. You will be writing logic in a Ruby backend, integrating with third parties, orchestrating different systems via Kafka, building an event driven architecture, or even exploring the use of serverless in AWS. You can function outside of your comfort zone, and have a structured way of exploring new technologies.
You follow best practices, use TDD/BDD as part of your coding process, and are an avid pair programmer. You keep your code simple yet extendable, and always clean and easy to read. You keep overengineering to a minimum. You love to collaborate, mentor, and learn from each other, and take care of every member of the team. You always leave your ego out of work, and embrace a no blame culture.
- Write clean, simple and performant code that gets us closer to our goals, and deliver value to our stakeholders
- Participate in system design discussions as part of the team, bringing your architectural knowledge and experience
- Mentor other members of the team
- Do your part in keeping the team morale high and our day to day as fun as possible!
- You are a team player, not a solo engineer
- You follow best practices like TDD, Clean Code, YAGNI
- Pairing is something you excel at
- Previous experience with Ruby, Rails, and Sinatra. Kafka experience/knowledge is highly desirable. Previous experience/knowledge about serverless is definitely a plus
- We take care of parts of our own infrastructure, so knowing your way around AWS and Terraform is highly desirable