At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Who we are looking for
A self-motivated engineer with a passion for technology innovation. We look for teammates who are comfortable building thoughtful, comprehensive solutions but also practical when weighing tradeoffs. We value people who are advocates for improving user experience and seek to think through various edge cases.
We currently work with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and lately GraphQL, but the ability to adapt to changing technology is an important strength. More generally, you care about code quality and strive to ensure it is readable, testable, and maintainable.
We have a #NoEgo philosophy, so we love to collaborate and learn from each other together to come up with the best solution.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Promote and adopt standards and practices moving our Industry to the next level.
- Lead with empathy within a diverse team of engineers, helping the team to own complex challenges as well as learn and develop new skills.
- Work with multiple stakeholders, understanding their concerns and helping drive and prioritize the best results for our customers across the department.
- Experiment, iterate and propose solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
Who You Are
- Knowledgeable in Ruby and Ruby on Rails and its design patterns, striving to develop maintainable and extensible code.
- Self starter who doesn’t hesitate to step up, getting things done, and leaving things better than you found it.
- Collaborative teammate happy to work well with others, eager to share your opinion and the reasoning behind it while also valuing and learning from others' opinions and viewpoints.
- Strong communicator, evidenced in code, documentation, and even slack messages you write.
- Experience with observability tools, including metrics, structured logging and distributed tracing.
- You are located in one of our eligible countries and able to work during our core hours of 2pm to 6pm GMT0