Lytics, the customer data platform (CDP) built for marketing teams, improves your business performance by connecting the right data to Lytics’ powerful AI engine. By combining unique behavioral insights, machine learning, and real-time campaign orchestration, Lytics equips marketers with the tools to create unique one-to-one marketing campaigns and engagements based on each user’s interests and customer journey. Some of the world’s most innovative brands use Lytics’ CDP technology, including General Mills, Live Nation, Nestlé Purina, AEG, Industry Dive, and Yamaha. We are looking for smart, passionate, and dedicated individuals to grow with us and deliver great value to our customers and company.
Platform Engineers are responsible for the design, implementation, and management of the entire data pipeline. From API servers to databases, message queues to cloud infrastructure, and all the stream processing in between. You will work to provide the backbone on which our cutting-edge features are built. The Platform team is a hybrid team of distributed systems engineers and site reliability engineers. For this role, we're looking for someone with a background in either who’s willing to learn both.
What Our Technology Looks Like:
- Our services are all in Go.
- All communication between services are over gRPC and use etcd for discovery.
- The data pipeline is a collection of distributed services, processing billions of events per day, using a Lambda Architecture.
- We've built a unique data storage layer using cutting-edge graph and information retrieval technologies.
- We provide access to data through multiple APIs and systems.
- We’ve automated deployments via CI/CD to Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform.
- Be responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the Lytics platform
- Work with team members to design, document, and implement large-scale distributed streams and batch processing of petabytes of data using Go
- Provide tooling and infrastructure for other internal teams, including Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales
- Manage deployments in Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform
- Interact with and monitor the activities of external third party information technology vendors.
- Join On-call rotation to ensure 24/7 availability of Lytics services
- A learner, critical thinker and problem-solving individual
- 4+ years of experience working with cloud operations (any cloud is fine), distributed systems, or data processing
- General software engineering knowledge (data structures, OOP, functional programming, and the like)